Friday, April 29, 2011

8



The challenge for this swap was to make a fabric ATC using a technique I've never tried before. Well, easier said than done. Thinking of a technique that I'd never used to make an ATC was the biggest challenge. After that, actually making the thing was easy.

I'm not 100% happy with how it turned out. The cross-stitch itself is fine, I think, but I don't like how it's attached to the background. Somehow, it managed to be both off-center, and slightly skewed. By the way, the green background is felt, and there's a stiff paper glued to the back for stability.

In the end, I wouldn't say that I've discovered a new favorite technique, and I'm certainly not going to give up all other crafts in pursuit of cross-stitch! But it was fun to try something new, and I see more possibilities for using cross-stitch on future ATCs.

No comments:

Post a Comment